As a former felony prosecutor who has handled and tried numerous murder, assault, robbery, and other alleged “violent crimes,” Attorney Douglas T. Cohen is well-versed in Colorado’s criminal laws and sentencing statutes for these cases.
These cases include:
- Murder in the First Degree (C.R.S. 18-3-102)
- Murder in the Second Degree (C.R.S. 18-3-103)
- Manslaughter (C.R.S. 18-3-104)
- Criminally Negligent Homicide (C.R.S. 18-3-105)
- Felony Vehicular Homicide (C.R.S. 18-3-106)
- Vehicular Assault (C.R.S. 18-3-205)
- Child Abuse – Death or Serious Injury (C.R.S. 18-6-401)
- First Degree Burglary (C.R.S. 18-4-202)
- First Degree Kidnapping (C.R.S. 18-3-301)
- First Degree Assault (C.R.S. 18-3-202)
- Second Degree Assault – Weapon or Serious Injury (C.R.S. 18-3-203)
Recent Murder Cases and Results
As defense attorneys, Doug and his law partner, Attorney Todd J. Narum, have handled three murder cases in just the last three years, and many more in their legal careers.
- One case – a high-profile 1st Degree Murder charge that was in the Colorado media in 2018-2019 – was totally dismissed due to the thorough defense investigation Attorney Cohen and his legal team presented to the prosecution early in the case.
- Two other cases, one a drug-related 1st Degree Murder case in 2015-2016 and the other a Vehicular Homicide-DUI 2018-2019, which the prosecution re-charged as 1st Degree Murder, both resulted in greatly reduced sentences due to our extensive legal advocacy and investigation on behalf of our clients. This included months of witness interviews, expert retention and analysis, and legal motions challenging and suppressing certain prosecution evidence and uncovering other evidence helpful to our clients that the police had never found.
Attorneys Cohen and Narum know what to expect from the prosecution in court, and how to skillfully negotiate as well as legally challenge the prosecution’s case for any violent crime.
If you have been charged with any of the following violent crimes, call (720) 445-9779, ext. 1, or email us at [email protected].
“Mr. Narum was a consistent source of knowledge and integrity, allowing me to close my case knowing I had done the best for my family.”
“Because of Doug’s due diligence he was able to get all charges dropped, the case dismissed, and the records sealed.”
“With Todd’s help, I was able to avoid jail, my in-house detention was halved, and the terms of my probation were relaxed considerably.”
“Through Doug’s unrelenting efforts, he was able to reduce a sentence that could’ve been a life term to minimal jail time and probation, served back home with family in our home state.”